The ADMIRE Software Platform
- The ADMIRE Platform and Tools
- is a collection of tools, services and software engines designed to demonstrate the current state of DMI research and development within ADMIRE. Every release of the Platform gathers the most recent stable components into a logical package, each time building on the previous release.
- The ADMIRE Testbed
- is an instantiation of the ADMIRE Platform across a number of compute and data resources shared across the ADMIRE consortium.
Obtaining ADMIRE software
The ADMIRE software stack is now an open-source project at SourceForge.
The ADMIRE Platform
The ADMIRE Platform denotes the "server side" stack of software that implements the canonical Gateway and associated components. The ADMIRE Platform comprises:
- A Gateway service (both REST and WSDL), including:
- DISPEL processor;
- pluggable optimisation framework;
- workflow execution monitor;
- performance database.
- An enactment framework based
v4.0, including components providing:
- relational database access services
- file access services
- data stream and block manipulation services
- data transformation services
- data delivery services
- XML database services
- federation and distributed query services
- ADMIRE Data Mining Services v1.0, including:
- classification services built from the WEKA library;
- parallel decision tree services;
- specialist services for gridded binary (GRIB) file access and manipulation.
- A Registry service, fronting a Jena RDF-based ontology store, which provides rich semantic descriptions of all Platform components, processing elements, workflow patterns etc.
- A Repository service, which provides storage for executable implementations of processing elements, for analysis results, for arbitrary digital entities.