Since 2007, the ADMIRE Project has combined these
strategies, skills and technology to create a single
platform for knowledge discovery, combining data
access, integration, pre-processing, data mining, statistical
analysis, post-processing, transformation and delivery. The
ADMIRE platform features:
- DISPEL, a powerful, Java-like language for
describing complex data-intensive workflows.
- A streaming execution engine to remove data
- Rich semantic descriptions of workflow elements based on
a common network of ontologies.
- A library of 150+ standard workflow elements for
accessing, integrating, transforming and moving data.
- Visual programming tools based on
Image courtesy Luz Bratcher/flickr
Benefits of the ADMIRE approach
ADMIRE's platform and strategy can automate the whole
knowledge discovery process, making large-scale data
analysis tasks easier and more cost-effective.
- For domain experts it offers better-quality
decision making, better use of data resources, better
understanding of the use of data in business or research
- For data analysis experts it offers a powerful
methodology and common language for developing data mining
and integration solutions for increasingly large and
complex data sets.
- For data-intensive distributed computing
engineers it offers tools and methods to separate
the specification of data intensive processes from their
implementations, making it easier to support the data
analyis and domain experts in their chosen fields.